Tuesday, July 16, 2013

be a Reader

This is how it works. I send you the documents as attachments to e-mail; you take some time to read them; you give me some advice, then, when it's all over and they are published, as a story or novel or whatever, you get one, for free. It may take me a while, but I will have one sent to you. If you want it signed, you'll have to find me, but anything is possible.

My fourth collection of stories is just going to press. Really, I needed readers for this one, but didn't quite manage to find people and get it to them in time. I became impatient and just published it. If you want a copy I can still send you the document; if you're a reader, I'd be glad to show you. But what I really need now is someone to go through all four sets of stories and help me compile a "Best of" volume. The first (Unloading) was never published at Amazon and the doc file is actually lost; the other three will be easy to send you. Let me know, though, and I'll figure out how to get all of them to you.

I have thin skin and don't take criticism well. I'm doing my best to reform though. If you are shy and don't want to tell me why something is bad, don't. Tell me what's good & I'll infer. If you can't do that, tell me anything. I need to hear it. I'm beginning to write my novel, and I have lots of poetry out there. Interested? write me. Don't be shy!

No comments: