Tuesday, January 18, 2022

This site is a place where I've always talked about writing freely. Looking back over my writing situation I once noticed that the first stories I did were actually more inspired than the later ones, or it could have been that they struck people more because I was somewhat wilder when I started out. Most of those stories are on this blog somewhere, free, and in some cases linked from the template.

This blog is somewhat hidden though, as it never comes up on Google (I told Google "hands off"), so it gets its views from people who know it's here and have come here often over the years. Many of those people are my former students. But I like the character of it and want to keep it to some degree the way it is.

Another blog, A Novel Idea, has gotten a lot of those spontaneous stories these days. That blog is kind of like this one - relatively unknown, not really linked from anywhere, and originally I was using it just to collect possibilities for novels or things that had caught my fancy. Why did I start putting random stories on it? Not sure. I also don't know where I want this to go. In a sense I feel like I should have an author's page, or some place to really show off. On the other hand, I'm much more comfortable with just casually flinging around stories.

So where is this going? Not sure. Change is in the winds, though.

No comments: