A few victories, a few losses on the marketing scene. For one thing, I seem to have sold two kindle copies, a couple of days ago, yet the ratings have not changed at all in Amazon. This seems to happen every once in a while. Maybe ratings aren't tabulated for library sales? Here I am checking ratings daily, even hourly, to see that millions-points bump, and it never shows up. That's discouraging.
Second, I'm in a kind of reads slump. Sales are good, reads are down. And even "good" for me, in sales, is just a couple once in a while. It's not like I'm talking any kind of real success as an author. On the one hand, my brothers and sister are beginning to recognize that I am a real author, with some books and some sales out there, but the world by and large doesn't come knocking on my door. And I've put a lot of work into the situation.
Third, the words aren't flowing out of my pen. I get ideas, I start stories, I get them on paper, but they sit for a while. Sometimes a long while. It's labor, and not joy.
I've got new covers on the e pluribus haiku series, 2016, 2017 and 2018. They will slip into history with a better look. These go years between times anyone reads or buys them, but they at least look better. I am practicing my covers in general. These three help in the process of rebranding. It may be part of my discouragement that I work hard basically on haiku that nobody reads. That may change though. I should just hold my head up and keep cranking it out. It's a little sad that basically I've stopped cranking out haiku also.
Back to the millstone, so to speak. It's been so busy moving here, and getting kids back to school, that I've had very little time to devote to updating blogs, etc. The haiku promo, for example, has to show that I've taken four off the market, and three have new covers. All promos have to have the new covers. It's that simple. People assume that new cover = new book, but in my case, it just means, new cover. I need to get the blatant self-promo site back up to be a little more blatant. I'm working on it. Be patient!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment