Tuesday, February 28, 2023

An opportunity

There's an interesting site, Best Book Editors, and I won the spin of a wheel there, so that my book One Woman's Voice is the Book of the Month, and I get to hawk it all month. I'm not sure if I will get any sales or downloads off of this, but the moderator of the site downloaded it right off the bat and others will hopefully follow. There is a reward for downloading, reviewing, and proving you did these, and that is the possibility that you too will be chosen for a book of the month. It's how I got it.

My strategy is to engage the authors on the site in conversation. I've really come to value friendship more than the pure reads. Most of these folks are busy, writing and reading for other purposes, as I was, and I don't expect them to read mine just for a chance at a gamble. But I've also reached the point where the read-marketing game on the other sites has reached a point of limited returns, so if I could get enough true exchanges (you read mine, I'll read yours) on this site it would keep me busy and be more than enough. I am no longer even particular about what of mine they read, as if ten read this book, and none read any other, how is that different from distributing it? Not so different, a read is a read. And I'm equally eager to push all my work but actually enjoy people choosing what they want to read.

Besides, I have questions that only authors can answer. They are a unique audience in many senses. On this particular site many are really good. The site has a lot of things going on and reading each other's work is a pretty high priority.

It's good news here, bear with me. I'll work it out, and use the site appropriately.

No comments: