Monday, September 4, 2023

This site is one of several that are getting a lot of visitors these days. It's possible that the stories that are buried deep within it (available on the template) are still popular amongst my old esl students and people that they knew. People who know about the trasure of hidden stories would understandably come back whether Google has brought them here or not.

It's my understanding that Google does not bring people here, because long ago I told it not to. That's why I so freely complain and gripe about the writer's life here, because I know that it's kind of a secret, not too well hidden, but hidden from Google in any case. But maybe people like writer's gripes. They might like to listen in on bitter complaints about cranking out good stuff and getting almost no sales in return. Or maybe they find me because they are clicking on writer's faces in the other blogs - the writer's faces will bring them here. Hemingway and friends kind of attract those clicks, maybe.

I don't know what it is. If I'm providing some entertainment for a thousand people a month, I'm ok with that. I'm just sitting here, complaining, musing about the writer's life, getting a little annoyed by the stuff I read (right now, for example, I'm reading about schizophrenia, and all the while dealing with mental illness in my own family - it's enough to push me over the edge, but, having agreed to read it, the best course is to plow on). Blog views are up. Does anyone care? I have this network of blogs out there, some of it having to do with writing, and it could provide entertainment if that's what you're up to. Or wait for my next short stories, which I believe will be called Writer's Block and will be about writers' lives. You think it's an advantage to sit in your chair at home and do your work? Not this chair. We have manic dogs that can't get along, and, as I mentioned, mental illness in the house. I go out, driving around, doing errands as a break, and what I think about is the stuff I forgot to do back here. Ah well, more of the same.

No comments: