Tuesday, March 12, 2024

 

Pressed for time now, I've had to change a few things. I had to go back to work, because of some personal financial disasters. Well, really because a house we set up for a disabled son eats up more money than we have. But at any rate, I've become impatient with reading indie work that I'm not totally enthralled with. Most of it actually has been quite good, but I'm still impatient with it.

I have my own read-only site, quiet little corner of the internet, and I'm impatient with that too. What do I have to do to get people to join me? A friend of mine posts several times a day, welcome these new members, etc. - where does she find them? I'd be glad to have even a few of them. My site is definitely endangered.

There are actually about a dozen of these writers-support-writers facebook sites, and I've been a big fan in the past. In fact, I still have time to read - it's writing that has suffered - but it's mostly that the rest of life is jammed up into the few hours I have left, and I'm a little frustrated with that outcome. There are lots of kids who need rides all over the place and they can only get them when I'm not working, but when I'm not writing, I'm somewhat crabby so what I really need to do is to figure out how to fit my creative urges into the remaining time.

I actually have about eight projects, all unfinihed, with one being one that I was actually closing in on, a history/biography.

The pressure would be on, you'd say, to write something that makes money. Yes actually the novel has done better than everything else, so novels are the obvious choice here, but the more I try to force myself to do it, the harder it ends up being. I just cannot force myself to write them even though there are a number of novels just dying to be written. Some even, I've started or are about halfway through. I'm stalled on all of them. I'm running around, working, doing a little reading, keeping up with the house and with life, but not writing.

And the weblogs! Here it is the twelfth and I'm just getting started. Hope you will see more of this though. I actually have a lot to say, and, to write about, to be honest. Life is short and the s-key is stuck. That makes a fine situation.

No comments: