Monday, November 11, 2024

writing plans

This may be the wrong place to complain about the election, but if you'll bear with me the post is really about my plans as a writer. One post which I agreed with was about how now's the time for us artists to get to work. I entirely agree. The election spurred me on to real action which I hope I can sustain.

The most recent idea, which came to me only after I calmed down a little, was a new volume of Quaker plays. I have two books of Quaker plays already, and though I am not great at the placement of people on stage, or the actors/actresses, I love dredging up old Quaker dilemmas and presenting them as real stories. I put all my plays and my latest ideas here. The essence of a Quaker play is, how do you deal non-violently with a situation that makes you violently angry? That is the crux of our problem in the modern world, but is not the essence of every Quaker play; some of these will have other angles to view the problems from.

Here is the one I came up with right away, upon waking up and finding that a truly immoral man would lead our country. he knew she was 13 will be a haiku volume about moral corruption and infinite lack of compassion or morals. It will have 365 haiku and you can guess how it will be organized - in a haiku tradition, by nature, with attention to each day and things changing in nature. If one can fit rampant immoral crimes into natural beauty one has one's work cut out for one. That will be my challenge. There's an old story out there about his molesting a 13-year-old, and I intend to tell the story as carefully and accurately as I can. And never mention his name.

That's it. No need to complain about the election. It's time to get to work.

No comments: