So maybe this is just a zon thing, nothing to worry about, but the site advertising my new paperback doesn't exist. It says "Live" on my dashboard, as if it has it, and there is a paperback, but when I click it, it's "sorry this. page doesn't exist."
My first thought, paranoid as it is, is that it's been flagged for copyright violations. I did after all put song lyrics in it - the title itself is a song lyric. Can Disney sue for that? Does anyone own the expression "Be Our Guest?" Perhaps the zon censors have to determine that. I thought what I did was ok, or I wouldn't have done it, and they might prove me otherwise but surely I'm not the first one to make such wrong assumptions.
The secood possibility is that it's malfunctioning for some much more random reason. Soomebody typed a 0 instead of an O, or. something like that? I have been. known to do such things so wouldn't be surprised. But it has been a dead site for two days now and the paperback link is therefore dead in all the other zons, FR, ES, DE, IT, AU, CA, JP, wherever zon is sold. Dead! Non-existo.
Which brings me to the final question. Here I am, at the edge of my chair, waiting to publicize, not wanting to publicize a dead link. Should I ask them? They don't seem to be telling me anything though I could check again. Should I push my luck? Will time heal this wound? I generally let their machinery work - if it's in some censor's backed up line, just let time move it to the front. But if they're not even telling me what's happening, I'm leaning toward the second possibility. Hmmm.
The trials & tribulations of a writer, I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment