Monday, December 22, 2025

The writer's block is killing me. I don't pick up my big computer, the one with word, any time I could be disrupted, which is most of the time. But even when I have an entire hour free, I don't pick it up. Why?

I actually have five or six projects going but all of them are suspended. Not a lick of work on any of them in about a month. Every day I tell myself "write!" but don't. Sometimes writing about it here> will help jumpstart me.

The big one is finishing up The Halberd which will finish up Beasts of Ayutthaya, a trilogy of three retellings of Beauty and the Beast. It's almost done. It shouldn't be this hard. The problem is you have to think deeply and carefully to finish it off. You have to cover your bases.

And lately I've been sick, recovering from surgery, laid up a little, ducking out of a lot of responsibilities. And Christmas is coming. We adults have to go out and buy junk.

Give me a kick in the patootie. I need to get going. I also need some exercise. And I need to get back into the self-promotion business. The holiday season was a wash but hey, really, in the big picture, the whole thing is kind of a wash. If I wanted to make serious money I should have just done it differently. Period.

Hopefully, I will have something to show real soon here.

No comments: