Friday, September 4, 2026

Carry On!

This blog is having a little party tonight, as my first-of-the-month reckoning found that it went over 100,000 total visitors, over ten thousand each of the last two months alone. Glory Be! I don't know where you are all coming from but I welcome you heartily and willingly share all my bitter complaints about blowing my own horn as an indie writer.

Actually I am receding on the promo world; I no longer bomb Facebook, Twitter, or even Bluesky and Instagram, which I like, just don't go stomping around any of them anymore. I'm a prolific reader and find it suits my lifestyle which is always having to sit in some car waiting for some teenager and when they have a notion to do their hair I might be there as much as twenty minutes: I read. And read some more. And people read mine in return, that's how it works.

So you'll see my kindle ratings are ok but everything else is falling by the wayside. Several books are on acx, but it's wayside. Paperback and hardback, wayside. This mess in my room, wayside. It's 94 out there every day this week and I'm sitting here mostly just reading indie work and not sorry for it. Even my own writing, wayside at the moment. Might get that one off the ground though.

This is it. Read about it here. Thanks for visiting: I'll try to keep you entertained.

No comments: