Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Being a writer

This is a site that I want to develop, but I'm not really sure what to do with it. Somehow I picture my old students coming here, knowing it has good writing that is entertaining and esl-oriented - not too dense or culturally laden with difficult reference. As a writer, I kind of got away from that simple Hemingway style, and unfortunately I haven't been able to get it back.

I got a Kindle for Christmas, and I started by reading my own books. I was dismayed at some typos and inconsistencies which I will set about to correct. Even now I am a writer full-time but I also do my own publicity which is extensive, and which comes down mostly to blogs like this since nobody cares about twitter. But this blog, I haven't really done much with. It still has very old ads in the template. I try to put good stories on it once in a while, but I've kind of failed at that too.

So my New Year's Resolution is to make this one a little better. I'm a writer, I'm moving into a writer's consciousness (having retired from the 9-to-5 world), and I sit here, late at night, thinking, how can I make things better. The place to start is right here. Bear with me. I'll make this a pleasant place to visit.

No comments: