Friday, January 26, 2024

This is the place I go to complain. Today I zeroed out, so that's my first gripe. No sales, no reads, no nothin'. Guess that means I'm just starting out, even though I have thirty books on the market and I've been around a while. One can still zero out, I guess. Blah.

Then, I have a stuck s-key on this little macbook air. Sometimes it doesn't make an s, sometimes it makes two or three, or makes them when I don't want them. It's like a little snake monster. Every word, like these that have lots of s's in them - I have to constantly check and retype them. A snake is plaguing me!

A few days back I went on a huge Facebook tour and advertised e pluribus haiku anthology on sites far and wide. I can't say I hit every site I know of, but I hit maybe sixty in the course of three days and then stood back and watched. Nothing. A few people liked my posts. Sometimes that's just friends of mine who happen to be monitoring those sites. Facebook will tell you when your friends are posting on sites you care about, and when that happens, I like them too. But no sales, no nothing.

I do find that making a lot of noise out there does raise my profile a little. People know who I am. They've seen my ads. They're aware of what I do. I still get zero days, as you can see, but it is growing gradually. I'm not going down.

It's all about survival. I'll make the Disney book as good as I can and we'll see what happens. No promises. I don't mind being a small guy in a big world. I should be writing novels, though.

No comments: