Sunday, February 18, 2024

OK so I had to go to work, and got set up to be a door dasher. I'm not that good at maximizing my time & money yet, so I spent a little time out there reading while I waited for the dashes to roll in. But I've lost my patience for mediocre indie work - now that I really need the money, what am I doing just wating time reading? I need to be writing, if not making money or both.

I've been writing long enough to know what makes money and what doesn't. Unfortunately I write what doesn't and I'm totally absorbed in it (history) - I can't even turn away from it at the moment, because I'm approaching the Civil War with my great-great grandfather, and I'm totally seeing it from his point of view. Maybe I could quick write a novel that would sell? I doubt it. But now getting some money is of some urgency.

I'll have more to say. I have to maximize my time now - write what I can, and not waste time reading bad stuff. That's the first to go - I've become impatient with it. I can't bear it. I need to be out there making money.

No comments: